WORD FOR THE DAY from Gratefulness.org.
True compassion is not just an emotional response, but a firm commitment founded on reason. Therefore, a truly compassionate attitude toward others does not change, even if they behave negatively. Through universal altruism, you develop a feeling of responsibility for others: the wish to help them actively overcome their problems.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Reposted from Gratefulness.org, 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Dalai Lama (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- The Dalai Lama, Arianna Huffington Interview: His Holiness Discusses Compassion, Science, Religion And Sleep (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama “Building Peace on a Foundation of Aloha” – Part 2 (damontucker.com)
- James R. Doty, M.D.: The Science of Compassion (huffingtonpost.com)
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama – Royal Albert Hall on June 19th (winningreview.wordpress.com)
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama – Royal Albert Hall June 19th (winningreview.wordpress.com)